We believe that the Catholic Education our schools offer your child is profoundly strengthened by the collaborative relationship between home, school and parish.
Catholic schools would not exist without the outstanding dedication and contribution of parents.
‘Getting involved’ can mean different things to different people. There are countless volunteer opportunities for parents and families in Catholic schools.
Some ways in which parents can be involved may include:
- coming along to school events and information sessions
- as a classroom helper with literacy/numeracy programs
- joining our team as a ‘Reading Coach’
- supporting fundraising activities
- assisting at athletics and swimming carnivals and other events that take place away from the school
- becoming a member of the School Committee
- participating in the school Parents and Friends Association
- covering books for the library
- sewing costumes or building sets for theatrical and musical productions
- helping out with visual arts and crafts
- spending some time with a specific interest group
- volunteering to speak in the classroom if you have a field of expertise that you’d like to share
- working in the school canteen or tuckshop